From the album “The Squeeze” available now: http://rgk.lnk.to/TheSqueeze
The highest selling Canadian country band in history, The Road Hammers, are back with a new record, The Squeeze, a compilation of tracks that epitomizes what the band has become known for – a truly synergistic blend of classic rock meets country.
Scheduled for release on May 12, The Squeeze is a unique set of foot-stomping tracks one can’t help but dance to, evocative of the south. From the heart-warming sentiment behind the lead single, “Crazy About You”, which is about continuing to fall in love with long time partners as the years go on, inspired by McCoy’s own marriage, to “Your Love is a Drug”, a down-home, upbeat track with southern flare, and “The Squeeze”, an uptempo song co-written with Nashville writer Andrew Petroff and Chris Bryne about ensuring love is good to the last drop – it’s clear that passion for music and love are central themes to the album. Traditional fans will find original wide open road themes reflected in tracks such as “Easy Rider” and “Haulin’ Ass”.
Co-produced by Gavin Brown (Metric, Tragically Hip and Barenaked Ladies), Scott Baggett (Alison Krauss, Buddy Guy, Bonnie Raitt), Jason McCoy, David Kalmusky, The Squeeze brings forward a new personal side of The Road Hammers. Much like previous Road Hammers records, it reflects the band’s love of wheels on the open road, combined with a cover of the classic Dawes song, “All Your Favourite Bands” which showcases Clayton Bellamy’s vocals, as well as Blackjack Billy’s Jeff Coplan, who co-writes on “Down and Dirty” alongside Scott Baggett and Jason McCoy. This record also forges into new terrain, into the realities of life and love without the sugarcoating. As McCoy candidly remarks on the inspiration behind the first single, “Crazy in Love”, “My wife and I started dating when we were just teenagers. Like most couples, we’ve had our ups and downs and it’s been quite a ride, but for some reason, in my eyes, she’s forever 18, and in her eyes, I know I’ll always be the crazy guy she married.”
Key Facts about The Road Hammers
• Highest selling Canadian country band in history
• 2017 CCMA Group or Duo of the Year winners
• New album The Squeeze was the #2 selling Canadian country album in its first week
• Recent single “Crazy About You” reached Top 10 on Canadian country radio
• 2015 Juno nomination for Country Album of the Year (Wheels), which was the #1 selling Canadian country album for two weeks at time of release
• Certified Platinum album in Canada for debut album The Road Hammers, which debuted at #1 in Canada and won the Juno Award for Country Recording of the Year
• Hit single “Mud” is certified Gold in Canada, just six months after release (2014)
• Have charted one #1, three Top 5’s, and six Top 10’s on Canadian country radio; had a Top 5 hit on Australia’s CMC chart
• Over 2.8 Million YouTube views